Re: Walker and V

>From: "Jim Meninno" <jim_meninno@hotmail.com>
>
>Problem is, though, can you play Walker/Potapenko together without one of
>these guys in there as an intimidating presence?  If the answer is no, then
>either Potapenko has to go or Walker has to play another position.  It
>really is that simple.

Yeah, I think you're right.  It's all about Walker: is it
Pippin-shape or Malone-shape?  If it's anywhere near either, then
he'll provide more flexibility in the lineups, as well as just
generally improving.

The Walker-Potapenko frontline is defensively limited.  Neither are
shotblockers.  We need to find time for our shotblockers so they can
develop their talent.  Against some good power forwards, V took the
assignment, while Walker guarded the opposing center. Defensive
matchup hell.  For all that, V has a nice outside jumper, and he did
have a nice thing going with Anderson and pick and rolls/pops last
year.  He's also pretty tough, and improved his rebounding from the
year before.  I'd really like to see us try Walker at the three for a
bunch of minutes next year, if he's in the kind of shape to be able
to do it.

Regards,

Bill