Re: Celtics stats for Boston - Philadelpha game on 7/20

Joe, I can't believe anyone from the "keep Fortson" camp would criticize
another player-a rookie, no less-for a propensity to foul. I'd make a smart
remark about the pot calling the kettle black, but I'm afraid it would
trigger a two-day list debate on the racist implications. :-)

I'll be shocked if Kris Clack makes the Celtic roster, unless they see some
benefit in stashing him on the IR for the season. In my admittedly brief
look at the summer squad during Tuesday's televised game, I saw two NBA
players-Moiso and Blount.

I have to say, I'm as excited about Blount as Pitino seems to be. He's the
kind of player who won't score much or blow you away in the box scores, but
has an impact on the game with his shot-blocking and defensive presence. I
really think he can bring a Theo Ratliff-like presence to the C's because he
has a legit NBA body, good speed, lateral movement and, like Ratliff, a
shot-blocker's mentality. He challenges everything. It's one reason he
probably won't be a great rebounder (again, like Ratliff); he tries to block
everything around or approaching the basket. He will force a lot of missed
shots that will result in rebounds for other players, like Toine. I went
into Tuesday's game expecting next to nothing from the guy, but came away
believing he can be a real contributor next season.

By the way, David Aldridge was in attendance at the Shaw's games last night
and was interviewed at halftime of ESPN2's televised game between Indy and
NY. He was asked about sleepers (non-lottery guys) coming out of the games
and he quickly mentioned the Celtics, and, although he didn't refer to
Blount by name, I think it's clear that the guy has made an impression.

Mark