Forget about Mercer, atleast with Exception

I guess we can all probably forget about getting Mercer, atleast with the exception anyways.  After reading an article in today's New York Post, it says that Mercer's new agent (Andy Miller) is looking for a big contract.  If he was to get a big contract in a sign and trade deal with Orlando too, then he's not worth that much to us.  I bet some team (which I'll end up having pity for) will bite and sign Mercer to a big contract.

I think we should try to pitch for Tariq Abdul-Wahad.  From what I hear, he's known for his defense.  That's the kind of player we need.

If everything in this article is totally valid, I think I'll pass on Mercer.

Here's the article

http://www.nypost.com/sports/nets/33063.htm
>>>And that could include Mercer down the road. Right now, though, that $3.8 million probably looks like scratch to him and agent Andy Miller.

"He's looking for a big contract. He thinks that's going to happen. Maybe it will, maybe it won't," Thorn said. "But he's being shopped everywhere. His agent is shopping him all over the league."

Coach Byron Scott labeled Mercer "an intriguing player who can run the floor, score, a solid player. There're a bunch of free agents we're thinking of talking to, but you bring up Mercer, yeah, we're interested."

If the 6-7 Mercer lands a big bucks deal elsewhere, the Nets will look at he likes of ex-Knick Davis, a guy "we might have an interest in because he can make shots, works hard and is a great guy," Thorn said. Or they might check out Abdul-Wahad, whom Scott coached with the Kings. <<<