Croshere trade

I think the people who are angry at the Celtics for looking to trade
Walker to get Croshere are missing a very important fact. This is only
a rumor. It's funny how people complain about Pitino rushing to
judgement on guys like Billups and Mills (which he does) and turn
around and get miserable about every absurd rumor floated on the
Internet. I mean, how many times have we heard that Pitino's going
to trade the team for Mashburn? Isn't it strange that it's never
happened? When these rumors actually occur, or when Pitino confirms
their accuracy (which he did to a large extent with Jermaine O'Neal)
then complain away!

I don't think that Croshere is worth losing Walker (based on the
limited amount I've seen and his last year's stats) but I do believe
he'd be a solid addition to this team. Yes, other than the Lakers
series he didn't play that well in the playoffs. I think that sort
of judgement is also getting ahead of ourselves. First we have to
get into the playoffs before worrying about who's a "playoff
performer". For all we know, Paul Pierce could be a great playoff
choker. At least Croshere has some playoff experience now.

I think more important is what kind of regular season he
had. Beyond that, you have to make the judgement whether he is on
the verge of breaking out like Jalen Rose did. Remember that at
this time last year, Rose averaged 11 pts, 3 reb off the bench in
similar minutes to Croshere this year. Croshere averaged 10.3 ppg,
6.4 rpg, 0.74 bpg in 23.3 mpg this year. I would assume that if
he left Indiana (and even if he stays and Smits retires) he'd start
and play 35 mpg. My guess is that he would play next to Walker at
the forward spots if the Celtics somehow got him for the exception.
Remember that Pitino was interested in both Van Horn and Nowitzki,
who both seem to be comparable combo-forwards - power forward size,
lack of great quickness, with solid outside shooting.

Alex