Clarifying BSG's Walker/Piston's Speculation

Whoops!  I screwed up in my characterization of BSG's Walker
speculation. Correction: He suggested draft choices in the plural,
rather than a draft choice, and tossed out Laettner's name with a
question mark. There, that should put you more at ease about the
possibility of this wonderful deal.

And think of the possibilities....

With Detroit being around the cap and renouncing Hill's contract,
there going to have considerable cap space to take on some
contracts. This could be the opportunity to move out the William's
and McCarty's, or Battie's and Barros' and bring back cap space
and draft choices.

Endow the C's with three lottery picks next season, and they have an
excellent opportunity to make a run at one of the quality centers and
pick up an impact player at another position.

Enough on that.  I thought the most interesting news to
come out lately, was Auerbach telling Pitino to make the
call draft day. Could be a good thing, as the last time,
the C's had a group consensus during the draft, they
took Billups at third, despite Pitino disagreeing with the belief
among his staff, that Chauncey was a point guard.

Now there are no excuses. Moiso is Pitino's baby, and
he'll live or die, with choosing him instead of Alexander.
I could see in the best case scenario, Mosio being a more
talented version of Keon Clark and blossoming into an
All Star.

Not that it's going to happen, but maybe it could....

And please no Fortson for Childs, which can only be done either
via a multi-player deal, or the Knicks trading one of their players
for a draft choice, coming up with a trading exception, and
taking another Celtics in the deal.
Ray