AP Article of Walker theft

Here is the AP article that Amy Beauregard mentioned.

On the one hand, I'm glad no one was hurt considering they were held up
at gunpoint which ought to be pretty scary.

Granted it was a Saturday night, but eating at 4 a.m. after going
clubbing (or whatever) isn't exactly the best way to keep the weight off
and stay fit. I hope this will have been a "wake up call" of sorts.

Joe

p.s.  I can't believe I loaned my $55,000 wrist watch to those guys! ;-)

---------

NBA players Walker, Mohammed robbed
July 2, 2000

CHICAGO (AP) -- Antoine Walker of the Boston Celtics and Nazr
Mohammed of the Philadelphia 76ers were robbed early Sunday,
police said.

Officer Joseph Bourgoyne said an undetermined amount of cash and
jewelry was taken, but WBBM-AM reported the loot was $3,000 in
cash, and jewelry that included a $55,000 wristwatch.

The NBA players were sitting in a vehicle with three friends at 4:15
a.m., waiting for a South Side restaurant to open, when three men
approached and demanded cash and their valuables, Bourgoyne said.

The robbers fled without firing any shots, he said.

Both Walker and Mohammed are South Side natives who were
members of the 1996 NCAA championship team at Kentucky.
Walker was an all-state player at Mount Carmel High School, while
Mohammed attended Kenwood High.