Just dont get it

Pete May writes Pierce may "have a shot" of getting picked to the
All-Star team and doesn't even address the possibility of Walker's doing
so. This in contrast to an AP story I saw last week that said Walker
deserved a pick. Now frankly, I don't know that either one does, but
looking at the numbers how can May come to his conclusion?

AW: 42 gp, 20.4 ppg, 7.4 rpg 2.9 apg, 1.1 spg, 3 to/g, .4 bpg, 42% fg,
26% 3pt, 71% ft

PP:   34 gp, 19.8 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 2.9 apg, 2.4 spg, 2.5 to/g, .7 bpg, 44%
fg, 37% 3pt, 79%ft

I ask you, is there a wide discrepancy between those numbers? The only
glaring advantage I would give Pierce is shooting treys and steals.

May's blatant anti-Walker bias continues. As evidenced by his next item
in the column, that about the Celts shopping Walker. (Jackie McNugget in
SI quotes one unnamed GM as saying the team is 'trying to give him
away,' which i find absolutely mind-boggling ... again, see above.) May
writes it's "too late" for Walker to be kept "in line" by a veteran
player, so he must be moved out. For Christ's sake, is it just me?? Of
the many reasons the Celtics won't be going to the playoffs this season,
I don't see Walker -- one of the few bright spots, his inconsistency
notwithstanding -- as one of them.