GRIFFIN

I personally think we have an excellent starting five now - when they're all healthy and playing together they're extremely effective and generally win, at least lately.  Don't underestimate Adrian Griffin's part on this team.  He does all the little things and there are games I am sure would not have been won without him.  He just plays the game and gives it everything he has.  He still reminds me of DJ.  I also think Vitally continues to improve.  Tommy always says big men take longer to develop and IMO it would be a mistake to let him get away - I don't think Pitino will.

However, without a better bench, this team will never go anywhere.  A nicer human being you couldn't find than Barros, but he's just not getting it done as a relief point guard and who can expect it?  Unfortunately he seems to have mostly lost the touch from 3 point land also, and that was his strength.  Given his size, that was what he was there for.  The team needs some parts and until we get them to back up the starting five we go nowhere.  I just hope Pitino finds them.
Dorine