Re: Blabbermouth GMs

>From: Alex Wang <awang@mit.edu>
>Of course, these things can backfire on Fortson because
>if the team holding his Larry Bird rights decides that he's not worth it,
>he could be forced to take the $2M exception from someone.

If Fortson's only getting $2m offers, I'm sure Pitino will be able to beat
that.  I don't think the Celtics being outbid for Danny is much of a
concern.  If he goes, it will be because there's no role for him on the
team, now the Griffin's addition has made Antoine's move to small forward
unlikely.  I agree with Josh, that 'Toine can still play enough minutes
there (and Griffin at 2) to give Danny significant minutes.

Now, I was remembering recently how Johnny Joe Paris Hironaka predicted that
Fortson's addition could send the Bat Man heading to his cave to escape all
the cans of whup ass being enflicted on him in practice.  Lo and behold, as
soon as Fortson returns, Battie does a Copperfieldesque disappearing act.
If the cause of that is the intimidation Danny's doling out at Healthpoint,
Joe deserves the prediction of the year award.

Jim