So that's why...

This is from the Boston Herald.  I guess the reason isn't that the
Celtics are giving up on Fortson, but that he will demand too much money
after the season.

Josh

Danny Fortson is understandably concerned about reports the Celtics have
talked about him in a trade. But some of the impetus for those talks may
be coming from his own camp.

Word yesterday is that Fortson's new agent is asking for such a high
number from the Celts that he's leaving them no choice but to explore
alternatives.

Pitino has talked often about the Celtics living under a budget, which
was the cause of the Ron Mercer trade that brought Fortson to Boston.

Asked if it was his desire to stay, Fortson, who played just two minutes
last night, said, ``You know, who wouldn't want to play for the Boston
Celtics, first of all? Obviously it's something I can't control, so I'm
just going to sit and wait. But whenever it's time for me to play, I'm
going to give it 110 percent.''
<<<<