Fortson to Flakers???

What could we get from the Flakers? hmmmm.....

http://www.bskball.com/Rumors.htm

01/28- LAKERS AND FORTSON?- There have been some vague reports of
interest from the Lakers in Danny Fortson, who yesterday was rumored to
be on the trading block. A number of e-mails asked me why Boston would
trade Danny after giving up Ron Mercer to land him. Well, heres what I
think- Danny has not fit into to the Pitino system, he has never been a
solid offensive presence, but is a solid rebounder and a somewhat decent
defender. The Pitino system is a tough system to learn, because it
requires players to be in fixed places in different sets, and Pitino
continually yells changes to those sets on the fly, which makes it hard
to defend, when executed properly. It also makes it hard to focus on the
game and get into your own rhythm. Hence the problem, Danny always seems
to be in the wrong play, and he is not scoring well as a Celtic. On the
reverse of that -Tony Battie is emerging as a quality big man, and so is
Walter McCarty and both can score more efficiently than Fortson, now add
that to the fact that Fortson is not going to stay in Boston for the
money he's making now (he wants a big raise). Pitino is shopping him to
avoid losing him, because he clearly is not going to pay him.... Now
enter LA - the only way LA could hope to land a player like Danny
Fortson is to trade for him now, while he's relatively cheap, and then
use his Bird Rights to pay him. Does LA really want him, according to
sources near the Lakers, they say they are going to talk to anyone
shopping a big man, especially a young rebounding big man that doesn't
need the ball on offense. They would not confirm any interest in Fortson
other than to say, they we're talking to alot of teams, but they don't
feel they have to make a move...... More as I get