all this trade stuff

All this debate over whether or not Fort will play better as he works his
way back from injury really isn't the point. The point is, Walker is the PF.
Period. There is no more talk about shifting him to SF. Four guys on this
team are going to play a lot of minutes: Walker, Pierce, Griffin and Kenny.
That leaves Fort as a backup center (along with Battie). It's not a question
anymore of whether or not Fortson is going to get better. He just doesn't
have a significant role on this team. If we can get Strong and a lottery
pick, that might be the best we can do. And for those of you who don't want
Strong, you're again missing the point. Orlando wouldn't do Fortson
straight-up for a lottery pick. The contingency they will put on it will be
that we take on Derek Strong's contract, which they want no part of.

I've come around again on Toine and hope we hold onto him. It would take a
blockbuster to change my mind. Now, Mo Taylor and Kandi Man? Maybe, just
because I see Kandi as a chance to get a legit center (and that's the one
sure way to win consistently in this league). The risk you run is Taylor may
bolt without getting anything in return. If you know you can sign him,
great. Rose and ? for Walker? The most likely additions are Al Harrington
(whose PT is way down lately) or Croshere, but both are in that PF/SF mold
of Walker, although less talented. Throw them in with Pierce, Rose and
Griffin in that mix? You wouldn't think so. If Walker really is on the
block, though, don't be surprised to see Tracy McGrady's name come up. He
may be the most attractive combination of skill and youth out there, and a
three-way that would send a top PG to Toronto might be possible.

If Walker's name is out there, it means Pitino is considering blowing up
this team, believing it just isn't going to get it done. Maybe he's right.

Mark