What is self-evident

A few things that are now self-evident:

1) Walker will play power forward for as long as he is wearing green. Pitino
has had ample opportunity to play Battie and Fortson at power forward along
side of Walker but refuses to do it. Walker has really improved this year,
partially because he is finally in great shape. But we will never be a great
rebounding team or a slow-down banger team with Walker at the 4. The only way
to correct this would be to have a dominant Mutombo, Duncan, Mourning
type center to go with Walker and those kind just aren't available. VP is an
above average center and improving but has physical limitations...

2) Fortson wasn't looking that good in preseason. Then, 2 hours before the
news came out about his injury, Pitino comes out with his season opening
lineup with Fortson at the four and Walker at the three. I think he already
knew about the injury and blew smoke to appease Mercer fans and give Celtic
fans hope for the future. I like Fortson. But he may be fed up with Pitino
and may not resign. Fortson has defensive limitations and doesn't do that well
on the press, which is what I think Pitino wants his reserves to excel at.
Fortson doesn't help with his fouling but ....

3) Our core is going to be Walker, VP, Pierce and Griffen with Battie and
Walter as the reserves. Cheaney hangs on for another year to attempt to make
the signing look good. Anderson will stay because we can't move him, although
he will have to move to a backup role in the future. All of the core will
continue to improve. However, is this group good enough to do anything
serious? I say no, unless they become a fast break team. They are a finesse
team
with Walker at the 4 and VP at the 5. Getting a athletic point guard like
Kidd would put us over the top. However, I just can't see us doing anything
serious because none of these guys have the dominant type player potential.
Things can change but...

4) Trading Fortson for a 2 or 3 has to really be questionable. I thought we
had too many of these already? However, getting Christie would be excellent.
Otherwise, I would go for a draft pick (no. 1). Getting a Walt Williams or
Mobley are a stop gap measure, and not a long term move....

DJessen33