Re: Veterans

Dan F. writes:

> I won't wager you because I don't want to bet against them. They won't win
> half of their home games. I see maybe 7 of 22. You can't make a diamond out
> of Zircon.

Vancouver is the only "bad" team that they've lost to at home recently,
and they were having a heck of a road trip. In fact the Celtics have
won 4 out of their last 5 home games, so I'm not sure there's reason
for this pessimism. Why do you think the Celtics are suddenly going
to be a much worse team (11-36 for the rest of the season is your
prediction, which would probably be one of the two or three worst
second half records in the league) than they have been? They haven't
lost anyone to injury for the season (keep your fingers crossed on
this one).

Right now they're suffering a bit because they're missing Griffin,
Pierce is clearly not playing at the level he was earlier, Anderson
is ailing, Fortson isn't in shape, and no one else is playing
outstanding - but many of these are temporary. Antoine's not shooting
well, but his assists and rebounds are finally increasing. Fortson
looks like he has some decent offensive skills to go along with the
rebounding. Maybe we even get some veteran help before the trading
deadline. There's still hope for this season.

Alex