Re: Los Angeles Box Score

It's kind of a Catch-22 for Fortson. If he continues playing 12 minutes per
game, at what point will he be in shape? Next training camp? In the middle of a
long season, I think it's hard for any player to get into condition unless he's
eventually allowed to play some consecutive minutes (like a Ewing or a Kobe).
It's not like team's hold many training camp style practices between games.

The next time we are blown out or winning by a very large margin, I would hope
to see Fortson out there even if it means tanking the game. Sure he's not a Kobe
or a Ewing, but he is the fourth leading NBA rebounder and we do need him out
there to control the boards in order for everything else to work much better.
Given that we were beaten by two teams with a combined 14-52 record or whatever,
it seemed to me like as good a time as any to look at Fortson instead of
progressively turning to Williams, Cheaney and even McCarty first.

----