Celtics "defense"

Theresa said:
4. Man to man defense. We were told that they would be using this more and
more. It was successful the first few times out of the gate (even in some
losses), but it went to the dogs the past few games. I hate the trapping
because a decent passing team simply swings the ball the other way and a
decent shooting team converts the three. You feel it happening, see it
happening, but from the couch, I am as helpless as the poor defender
running at the guy. They slay me, those plays!
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

To me one of the biggest problems with the Celtic's man-to-man defense (I'm
surprised that has not been changed to "person-to-person"...;) is that they
switch on every pick regardless of what matchups that causes to
happen.  Last night was a perfect example.  Bibby would take a pick set by
a big man, Kenny would switch off on the big man, and Walker, Pierce or
whoever would then be guarding Bibby.  When the ball got dumped to the big
guy (because he then had a mismatch) our guy would drop down to help Kenny,
leaving Bibby WIDE OPEN.  Good solid man-to-man does not mean switching
every time.
I would like to see the C's start Fortson at 4, Walker at 3, and Pots at
5.  Pots is more effective shooting to jumper, so pull him out to around
the foul line, and let Walker work his inside game on one side, and let
Fortson rebound from the other side.  We are never going to know what
Fortson can do the way things are going now.  Let AG come off the bench to
steady the "bombed" squad.  He has no ego to protect anyway (to his credit)