Cofman: Shave and a ticket, no bits

Marc Cofman's Celts Notebook has the following interesting bits on
"ticket scalping".  I wonder if Jim Hill or any of the other Fleet
Center regulars will take the "Ukranian Cranium" up on this offer? :-)
The Griz have won in Miami, New Jersey and Toronto on this road swing.
The Celts also have a lot of motivation to get back in the win column.
It should be a good game. Eric Williams will start again, although I
hope Fortson gets extended minutes next to Walker and Pierce.

Go Celts!

Joe

-----

In what is certain to go down in history as one of the more peculiar
Celtics promotions, anyone who shows up at the FleetCenter with a shaved
head before tonight's game will be admitted free of charge. Also, anyone
who is willing to have his/her head shaved gets a free ticket.

Celtics center Vitaly Potapenko, whose shaved head is known as the
Ukrainian cranium, will be honorary barber from 4:30-5 p.m.

``As you can see, I've used shaving instruments many times on  myself,''
Potapenko said with a mischievous smile. ``I feel very comfortable with
a razor in my hand. I'm ready.''

But are his prospective customers ready for the consequences? ``There's
absolutely nothing to be worried about,'' he said.

Said Pervis Ellison, in a vote of confidence for his teammate: ``If I
were going to have my head shaved, Vitaly would be the guy I'd go to.
He's very good with the old-style straight razor. But he's not coming
anywhere near me. Right now, I like things the way they are.''

In terms of hair care and style, Ellison is the anti-Vitaly. Ellison has
been growing his hair for four years, with dreadlocks neatly tied into a
pony tail.

****