From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com]On Behalf Of Cecil Wright
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2000 12:45 PM
To: John Lyell; celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: sick of losing to the WORST teams...

Yeah.  We all were planning for the deaths of Lewis and Bias too.

Rahim has never done the 20/10 thing until this year.  And their management went out and were able to bring in some veterans to help them out.  And still it takes time, which is my point.  Pitino mentions that players need to ignore the individual stats and play more as a team.  You point to others who are losing but putting up individual stats.  What good are meaningless stats if a team loses?  How can you call it maturity excuses when it is merely the truth?

You call for dumping Barros and Overton and then bring in someone who backs up Kenny.  Will it take them any length of time to learn the plays or are they expected to know them overnight?  Are they expected to know automatically who likes to receive the basketball at certain spots on the floor?  Will they just jump right in there and be able to do the things Pitino asks of them on defense?  And if Kenny's hamstring pops, they would be capable of running the offense if they got staters minutes?  It's not as easy as you suggest.

Cecil