Troy Murphy

How about that 6-10 sophomore from Notre Dame, Troy Murphy? (averaging
25ppg 11 rebounds .550FG% .800FT%)

Murphy just led the Irish past No.2 ranked U Conn with 33 points and 16
boards. He sounds like the second coming of Kevin McHale (minus the
shotblocking), plus he's hitting over 43% on college 3-pointers while
attempting two per game. I hope he stays in school and further develops,
then suits up for the Celtics in a few years alongside Quentin
Richardson. Sounds about right to me.

Here's what Fighting Irish coach Matt Doherty told ESPN:

"I see Troy Murphy as a big, barrel-chested forward, who can rebound,
run, score in the paint and step out and shoot it," Doherty said. "He's
a nice kid off the court, but on it, he has the mean streak that you
need."

Joe

p.s. Hey this isn't a "lottery post" if that's what you are thinking. I
honestly believe the Celtics are without question an above .500 team
(they better be) for the remainder of Y2K and will get there first taste
of the playoffs this Spring.

------