From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com]On Behalf Of
Jim Hill
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2000 2:28 PM
To: Celtics-Talk List
Subject: Re: Clippers selling Kandi *cheap*??? [NBA Talk]

I like it  W.

If Kandi is under the new rookie contract I would consider him for
Battie.  "You can't teach height" as the saying goes, so if he isn't
hurt or lacking of heart, I say ask our "big man coach" Mr. Russell, to
work with him.  The kid is supposed to be smart.  If he has any skill's,
Mr. Russell will find them. If he has a heart, Mr. Russell will fill it
with Celtic Pride.  A big shotblocker goes a long way in the Finals.
The Celtics can afford the effort.

On the other hand Battie doesn't give 100% every game.  The security of
the long term contract is to enable a player to give 100% every game
without being selfish.  He needs to put up or move him for someone who
will.  He will never be a big time player, so why put up with that attitude.

Looking forward to seeing Danny in person, our good friend Andrew play
just well enough to lose and solid effort against the Cav's tonight.

<Jim