Re: FYI boston's sportsguy

In a message dated 02/29/2000 2:46:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tfmiii@worldnet.att.net writes:

> Check out new sportsguy article

     Thanks, Tom.  I had a miserable day at work.  It's about to rain.  My
wife has a meeting so I have to scrounge my own dinner.  And now you have me
reading this dirge.  I wish I were smart enough and knowledgeable to rebut
him, but what can you say?  This list, for example, is divided so many ways
that it's pathetic.  15% blame the coach, 15% blame Walker, 15% blame Pierce,
15% blame Anderson and the rest blame all of them.  Everyone blames Barros.
Half think Fortson is the answer, other half think he's the problem.  When
SportsGuy praises Vitaly, I bet half the listmembers here hooted and jeered
and the other half said "Right On!"
     And what's REALLY depressing is that the business angle of all this
makes you pay for your mistakes for a long, long time.  In most sports you
can say, "Wait til next year!"  Not in the NBA you can't.  Those three
contracts screw us under the cap for THREE MORE YEARS.  By then, we'll have
more such contracts.
   I need a beer.