back to basketball

No deals. Not shocking, I guess. Still hoping we catch fire and take
advantage of a relatively soft schedule the rest of the way to get back in
the playoff race. It would be fun to play games that mean something in March
and April.

I hope I'm wrong about Fortson, although his two quick fouls in the first
half last night aren't encouraging. He got 14 minutes, but 12 of those were
after halftime. Remember, officials swallow their whistles in blowouts.
Anyway, hopefully he'll prove me wrong and become a solid PF/C reserve. I
still see him walking away for someone's $2 mill exception after the season.
The Celts won't offer much more than that and he'll go somewhere he feels he
can play more. Pitino will make a play for a big-time PF/C this summer.

If we're ever going to steal a win in L.A., tonight might be the time. The
Lakers are coming off a 6-0 East Coast trip and almost certainly are looking
right past us in their homecoming game. Too bad we're finishing a
back-to-back (is any team in the league worse in back-to-backs than the
Celts?).

Mark