Mercer

If Orlando renounces Mercer end of season, doesn't
it mean that he can only get max deals from teams
under the cap. If not he only going to get the 2M
exception slots with the rest of the teams who's
interested. If this really happens, then Mercer is
really whupped (why didn't I take Ricky's 28M/4yr
deal), just like Joe Smith previous with the
Warriors (I should have signed that 80M contract,
damn!)

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/055/sports/Only_one_minor_deal_as_trading:.shtml

<snip>
The Magic now will have to either work out a
sign-and-trade deal or renounce their rights to
guard Ron Mercer if they still plan to offer
maximum salaries to two high-tier free agents this
summer
<snip>