Globe and Herald on the 6pm Trade Deadline

    Pitino tells the Boston Herald today that "(Fortson) is going to
start to get minutes. He'll be the first guy in for Vitaly (Potapenko)
and in for Antoine (Walker), as well.'' Barring a last minute trade
today, Pitino says he hopes that this way Fortson won't leave for less
money this summer to get more minutes elsewhere.

    Meanwhile, Wallace tells the Boston Globe that "the Fortson (trade)
market was all but closed".  "It's hard to say never, but I would tip
the scale to say it would be unlikely we'll do anything,'' Wallace said.

    ''There's no real fire stoking (...) I think with Danny, he's gotten
through the rust and he's adapted to the rules and to his teammates,''
said Wallace. ''He's now starting to produce. He would probably do more
for us down the stretch at this point than anyone we  could pick up.''

Joe

    The Globe also reports that Mo Taylor may be headed to Orlando.
Apparently, Mercer has become unpopular there even though he says the
right things. Doc Rivers reportedly keeps openly reminding Mercer that
the Magic like to pass the ball four times before a shot, to no avail.
The other day Mercer threw away an inbounds pass that was intercepted by
Shaq, who went all the way for the dunk to put the game into overtime.
It cost Orlando their biggest win of the year.