David Aldridge

Says on ESPN chat that "teams know that [the Celtics] want to [move
Fortson], so they're not getting many offers. And, Fortson's a free
agent at the end of the year. Still, I think he'll be dealt before
tomorrow night." He doesn't  mention any names. Aldridge says the Bucks
are high on Tim Thomas and won't move him. Surprising considering how
little the guy has played and that he doesn't really have a position. I
sincerely hope we don't do those Danny Manning or Danny Ferry deals. I
like Brevin Knight at the right price ... maybe even up at this point,
with somebody like Bryant thrown in?

Aldridge also says the Magic "almost traded [Derek Strong] a couple of
weeks ago for Pervis Ellison. They want a guy in the last year of his
deal in return and will gladly give up one of their remaining
first-rounders in return." Now, I might think about a Pervis for Strong
deal, because Pitino obviously wouldn't play Pervis if his life depended
on it. Strong has sucked the past two years, and has two more left on
his contract. But can anybody tell me whether we'll get any significant
cap relief when Pervis' contract is up at the end of this season? If
not, it might be worth getting something in return for him -- in this
case, a first round pick, with the added possibility Strong might turn
his game around. Thoughts?