Re: URL: NY Post: Knicks Want Fortson

In a message dated 2/18/00 9:37:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Kestutis.Kveraga@Dartmouth.EDU writes:

<< Since the jettisoning of Fortson is all but inevitable, and NY is the one
 team that could really use him right about now, the question is, do we want
 anything they  might be willing to part with? >>

I'd want Childs & Thomas and Wingate or whatever other scrub it takes to
balance the salaries for Fortson, Barros & former NY Knick draft pick
McCarty.  Childs is bigger than Ward and usually the better defender.  Thomas
is a very good rebounder who is foul prone but no moreso than DF and won't
cost as much to resign.  The scrub would probably never suit up.
Pitino/Gaston would save some salary in the deal next year.

As for the "waste management" crack - that was a reference to what Minnesota
coach Flip Saunders termed a package the Knicks were said to be offering for
Brandon.

George