Re: Trades

Well, I would generally say that good trade speculation is when some
people on the list like the trade and some people think it sucks.
If everyone likes the trade, it's usually too good for the Celtics
to be remotely possible. If everyone hates it, it's no fun to talk
about. So I'll try not to take too much offense at you characterizing
it as "very foolish" or "making no sense."

No question that Pierce is better than Anderson or Olowokandi.
But the trade is for both of them and a probable top 3 pick. Note
that the top 3 pick could potentially be better than Pierce all
by himself. Olowokandi could become a top center, which is worth
more than any non-Jordanesque shooting guard. And Anderson is not
too far behind Pierce statistically. Is the total return you get
from the three potentially very good assets you receive enough to
compensate for one very good asset? That's a "maybe" that you
can argue about. The risk is greater but so is the upside.