Is it true Donald Sterling is this cheap?

I can not believe that a caucasian is cheaper than
a Asian Chinese, IMO (I'm a chinese in asia btw)

http://www.bskball.com/Rumors.htm

What is problem with the Clippers? I get asked
this a lot, and recently there have been some
things said and printed that are worth repeating.
Donald Sterling bought the Clippers for $12
million 19 years ago, in that time the Clipper
have almost consistently been at or below the
league imposed salary cap (as it was introduced)-
this year the Clippers are $8 million below the
salary cap, by his own admission, Sterling a very
successful real estate and business man says he to
this day does not understand completely the
business of sports (that wasn't news), many league
source knowledgeable of the Clippers say the
problem is that Sterling runs the team with the
bottom line in mind regarding all things, that
luxury and extras are not something he buys into,
for example the Clippers are the only NBA team
that does not have their own practice facility,
they practice at a recreation center in Carson,
and share the centers weight room with the other
members. This summer the Clippers held training
camp at home, to avoid paying meal per diems and
travel and lodging expenses for their players.
They recently attempted to release Jim Brewer an
assistant coach, strictly to cut their coaching
expense, they did successfully release their
strength and conditioning coach for the same
reason. Sterling is not a hands on operator of his
team, he leaves that in the hands of Elgin Baylor,
and I continue to get asked why does Elgin put up
with it? And that's a good question, that he won't
answer..... but a few things are clear, this past
summer several owners cornered Sterling and told
him he needed to change his style, or sell the
team, as he was dragging the value of the league
down... Its been said the league as a whole
offered to help Sterling find a buyer if he wanted
to sell the team, something he says he does not
want to do. The Players on the team view their
teammates as close friends, and even under the
worst conditions in the NBA, many of them say
they'd like to stay together as Clippers and build
this team, but it all comes down to money and
Donald Sterling does not appear willing to part
with any of it..... Sources near the team say that
Donald has mentioned more than once that this
particular unit may be worth investing in... but
unfortunately the cheapness and tactics may have
already made keeping this team together and
impossibility. I would never like to see anyone
forced to do anything, but someone has got to get
this team out of Sterling's hands.