Re: The Orlando Sun-Sentinel

At 06:34 AM 2/16/00 PST, you wrote:
>I wish more people would just own up to the fact that they simply don't like
>the guy.  If he says "the buck stops here", he's "The Ricktator".  If he
>points out he consults others when making decisions, he's "Slick Rick
>passing the buck".

I can't speak for the others, but if I dislike him, it stems purely from
what he's doing to the Celtics, and from what I perceive to be his flaws as
a leader. I have no personal animosity towards him. Nor am I blind to the
fact he's made some good moves along with the bad moves.

Re: the "passing the buck" issue, I think a good leader shouldn't be so
quick to blame his subordinates for the poor performance of the team - even
if it IS their fault. I suspect both the players and "Wallace and his
staff" would feel better and be more motivated to try harder, if Pitino
occasionally "owned up" for THEIR mistakes. After all, he's the least
"fireable" employee of this franchise. To be fair, he WAS reluctant to
criticize his players publicly in his first year, but with the
expectations, losses, and pressure mounting, so has been Pitino's
reluctance to blame himself for anything. And that can't be healthy for the
organization's morale.