Re: more spin doctor

One more thing on this subject: I think Pitino saw, but misjudged this need
last year. They wanted a rebounding frontcourt player, and they sent Mercer
out for Fortson. Not only did they misjudge Fortson and his ability to
adjust to the new rules, they also misjudged the importance of real size and
shot-blocking ability from that spot. Paul M. questioned it the moment the
trade was made, and he was right.

Fortson, even if he could stay on the floor, wouldn't solve the defensive
problems we have on the interior. Another reason that trade, in hindsight,
was a mistake.

Mark