Reverse angle

OK, I know I've been claiming Rick is more of a straight-shooter than people
give him credit for, but let me throw this out there and see what people
think.  What if the Toronto trade was planned from the start as a shot
across Fortson's bow?  A negotiating ploy to soften up his stance?  Let's
face it, if this goes to the summer, how any teams will offer Fortson more
than the 2+mil exception?  How many FA's were signed last year for more than
that?  Are we saying that the Celtics wouldn't pay Danny 3-4 mil PA?  Who's
going to outbid that?  What are there, 4 teams with cap room?  Where does
Fortson rank on the list of this year's FA's?

Jim