Re: Article from Toronto Star

Dan Parker wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Kevin Lok wrote:
>
> > ``Boston must have something better in mind, I
> > know they were getting killed for the trade back
> > home,'' said one official on a Western Conference
> > team.
>
> It's the revenge of The Fellowship of the Miserable.

The weird thing is that the Boston writers never really "killed" Pitino
for the specifics of the trade. No one made a big deal about losing our
6-7 backup center. To the degree that there was criticism (Holley etc),
it was more about losing 8 of the last ten games and being 7 games below
.500

If indeed Pitino did base his decision on public outcry, then he's more
of a popularity-poll reading flip-flop artist than I thought.

But honestly, I give Pitino the benefit of the doubt on this one. I
think Alvin Williams really did have a problematic looking x-ray on his
knee, if even if it's pretty apparent he's been able to play on it for
the past two years.

BTW, Happy Valentines Day to the "better half" of this list.

Joe

****