Scouting/Evaluating Talent

The other night Larry Bird said something that made me think. He said that
he doesn't follow other teams in the NBA except to scout them. That led to
me thinking that we spend more time evaluating talent than most coaches.
They are preparing for the next game and aren't home to watch ESPN or TNN
or TNT every night.

The same is true for "seeing the court." When you watch on tv or in person,
as a spectator, you see things that the players can not. Basically,  you
see the big picture. They don't.

Same is true for evaluating talent.

Now, the "director of scouting" or whomever better have a handle on talent,
but that doesn't mean that his ideas are listened to.

Theresa