Me, too

I was one of the ones who thought of Fortson as the key to our
resurgence.  Sorry about that.  Now, those who criticized a Mercer for
Stackhouse trade must be wistful, indeed.  There's still no substitute
for talent evaluation.  I will try to be patient and see if one of
these two Raptors can play with the Celts.

Several things hurt Fortson's chances here.  VP has come on as much
more than adequate at center.  Putting Fortson opposite him didn't
make sense--two shorter than average front line players whose major
strength is strength.  Pairing VP with Antoine makes for more
flexibility.  Also, the foot thing troubles me.  Remember Bill Walton.
 I have been very concerned about the long term prospects of a heavy
jumper and his weak foot.  Then, there's defense.  Danny got his stats
as a rebounder but he also had deficiencies as a defender.  So,
overall I'm not too upset to lose him.

Finally, there's the thing about players from Cincinnati.  Correct me
on this, but Van Exel and Fortson haven't exhibited the patience for
the sake of the team that helps team chemistry.  Some college programs
turn out team players; some don't.

Good luck out west.  I will watch the rookie game to see our boys
play, but I won't watch the Carter vs. Kobe hypeathon.

Gene
P.S.  Those who see Pierce as a better player than Carter see Oscar
as better than Michael.