Is Pitino on Lakers' payroll? - The Fortson trade sucks!

Today is my first day back at work after the
chinese new year, i immeidately went to the
internet following the Pacers game. Noticed
Fortson was 0-0-0 in the line-up , deep into the
2nd qtr. Went to globe, can't believe what i read.
Fortson for scrubs. (I'm still sighing now 4 hours
after)

What is Wallace/Pitino doing? Grunwald got them
good from behind this time! Over at the ng,
estimated 9 out of 10 post are calling this trade
shit!!!

I can't believe Fortson's value is this low! Damn
it, we still got 14 days before trading dateline,
I'm sure we don't have to panic to such levels!

Now it's 2pm here, and the sports website section
at Boston Herald is still not updated (usually it
comes 1 hour ago),I think Steve Bulpett and
company is still shell shock at this trade!

Actually, we did the Raptors a big favour, come to
think of it. They got H Workman on waivers, so
moving A Williams out is neccessary to get Workman
minutes. S Marks is so injury prone, they are glad
we eat his salary (damn it). Now if the Fort walks
out on the Raptors, what do they lose? Just 2
players whom they got no use for!!! I just don't
understand. We should have shop for a deal which
includes a No.1 pick (lottery protected I don't
care).

anyway, what's done can not be undone (unless the
players fail their physicals). We've got to move
on.

This is how I see the trade (trying very hard to
stay positive):

(from Patricia Bender's site)
Player                       signed       years
salary
Sean Marks ............ 1/25/99    2
minimum (i think same level as AD)
Alvin Williams ........  1/22/99    3         $6
million (i think 2mill per)

If A Williams pans out by middle of next season
(hopefully earlier than this), then K Anderson and
his huge payroll will be expendable (but ehn
trying to trade KA will be another matter). But
then Williams' contract will have to be renewed to
higher levels I guess (back to square one, isn't
it?)

I don't know what Wallace/Pitino sees in him
(sorry I still can't feel positive) that the
Raptors management can't see for the last 2 years.
Reading reviews about Williams from the internet
gives me the idea that the guy can't lead, not a
good passer/assist man, career back up at best ---
in my language, another project (at 2mil per - i
prefer wayne turner still) I hope Williams has
celtic pride attitude.

S Marks - reading his bio at nba.com tells me this
guy is forever injured. Pervis Revisited?
Fortunately he comes at a minimum, and contract
runs out end of this season. Wallace seemed high
on him from his college days. I'm not.

By these moves, I think Pitino/Wallace are really
focusing (or being forced to?)on salary budget. My
guess is Gaston passed word that payroll can not
be increased anymore this season. I think they
could have gotten a late first rounder (at least
from other teams) for Fortson but do not want the
burden of guaranteed 3 year payment (that's the
only sane answer I can think of) Why didn't they
dump Barros or Minor or Pervis salary on Raptors?

There is still 14 days to dateline, if the Cs want
to move salaries, now the time to make a move with
Pervis since he has "value" I hope we don't pick
up something stupid.

i think raptors will package someone (they've got
too many power forwards/centres either
Fortson/Stewart/Willis/Oakley/Thomas) for a better
deal.

Where's my coffee? and aspirin?