Re: oh no

"Berry, Mark S" wrote:

> Sounding like the Lakers-Clips deal is close to happening. Let's see, that
> lineup looks something like this: Harper, D. Anderson, Kobe, Mo Taylor and
> Shaq.
>
> My one hope: The Lakers feel DA and Kobe play the same position (they do),
> so they deal DA to the Celts for Fortson (although with Mo Taylor, the
> likelihood of that happening probably drops). More likely: They deal DA to
> Chicago for Kukoc.
>
> I can't stand it. Good bye, cruel world.
>
> Mark

Some of the greatest NBA teams in terms of on-court talent imploded
beautifully through selfishness and imagined sense of entitlement. Think of
the Sixers with Doug Collins, Julius Erving, George McGinnis and World B.
Free. Think of the Laker of the late 70s with the heavyweight talent that
surrounded Kareem before Magic arrived. Or think of the Lakers with Wilt,
West, Baylor cockily leading the league in every possible individual statistic
imaginable.

You could even put the late 70s Boston Celtics in that category, with their
coup to acquire two selfish All Stars in Sidney Wicks and Curtis Rowe to make
up for the loss of Paul Silas. How could a team that also had Bob McAdoo, Tiny
Archibald, Dave Cowens and the sensational rookie Cedric Maxwell have the
worst season in Celts history prior to the ML Carr era?

Should Celtics fans worry about Derek Anderson as the starting point guard of
the Lakers? Puh-lease!! The guy is in the contract year of his next 7-year
extension and regards himself as a what-me-worry scorer in the Kobe Bryant
mold.

You want Maurice "Liz" Taylor as your starting power forward? This guy is
rugged enough to finally deliver 6.6 rebounds in over 36 minutes per game this
season, raising his girlie-man average to a sweet 5.1 for his career.

Hey, now that sounds like exactly the type of "power fairy" the Boston Celtics
really need right now to upgrade Fortson (if the they want to emulate the La
La Land Flakers in terms of overall fairy-ishness).

Jerry West is the type of soul who was born to tinker with what  works. So he
just might commit the Lakers' future on a couple of free-agent-to-be fruits
who believe that slick scoring numbers are a perfect substitute for not doing
the dirty work that even a "me first" and "out of shape" jerk like Antoine
Walker assumes to be an obvious part of his job description (he's in his
fourth season leading our Celts in rebounding if you're  keeping track).

You'd think Jerry West would have learned his lesson from all the consecutive
cans of whup-ass the Boston Celtics organization has given him. It sounds like
he's bending over for a few more.

****