From the horse's mouth

Pitino obviously sees the problem (you can't run without the ball. . .) but
not the obvious solution?

Are these not the very arguments for playing Fortson (and Vitaly) more
minutes? Or are we always going to be the "we try harder" boys? "Three
white shirts" he says. . . but who was in the shirts? But I guess it's all
the players's fault. . .

>>``Too many times we had three white shirts battling one black shirt, and
they
came up with the rebound and got the bucket,'' said Pitino. ``They
dominated us
on the glass too much. If you stop them and then give them an offensive
rebound,
that good defense is negated. That's what kept happening.

``We needed to create a very fast pace. All those second shots are
potential fast
breaks. If you limit them to eight second shots, you can get nine more fast
breaks.''<<
http://www.bostonherald.com/bostonherald/sport/celts02072000.htm

Mrrickpitino, we've answered your question; now please tell us, what is
going on?

- TomM