re: K.V.H.

I don't think there's anything we can offer for Van Horn. That's part of our
problem right now, we have five legitimate players (AW, PP, KA, VP and AG)
and a bunch of over-paid stiffs that no one wants. We can't afford to trade
any of the "big five", which leaves us more or less handcuffed. Too bad,
because, unlike Paul, I think Van Horn can be pretty good.

Fortson is our one tradeable commodity, and his value is low right now. How
about this, though, to piece together a few recent rumors: Fortson and ?? to
Detroit, the rights to Bison Dele and ?? to Boston. Then we ship Dele to
Philly for Hughes and they can deal Dele and Ty Hill for Rice.

Or something like that.

By the way, if the Lakers get Mo Taylor and Derek Anderson for Rice, Knight
and Fisher, I'll kill myself. Just park the trophy in the @#$%^ Staples
Center for  the next 10 years.

Still wish we could work out something for Olowakandi while his value is
low. I think he could be a Parish-like pick-up. Fortson for Derek Anderson
would be nice.

Wish the deadline would just get here already.

Mark