Re: Leon SMith

I'm not a big fan of bringing a troubled kid like Leon aboard until he
gets the professional help he needs.  However, Antoine does know him and
had some nice things to say about him when he was making all the wrong
kind of news this fall.  I hope our love of basketball doesn't come at the
expense of this kid's mental health.

On Sat, 5 Feb 2000 Bos3332@aol.com wrote:

> Something for the masses to ponder is that Leon Smith will be a free agent
> soon and on the market. No team could use an athletic big kid like us. Yes,
> there is a history there but I think his salary cap numbers still will fall
> on the Mavericks. He has come up through the adidas program where Wallace,
> our GM has a good relationship with Sonny vaccaro. Somebody will grab him and
> it mine as well be
> us. It's clear we need several more players to be really good and this could
> be a start. The kid is from Chicago and maybe Walker, hmm, could take him
> under his wing. 6-10 and the wingspan of a condor. Iron, give it some thought
> before you bellow out"cram it". Don't you remember offering that as a
> response to one of our jayhawk posters some time ago.

	  Dave Wickerham
	  aw623@freenet.buffalo.edu
	  Saratoga Springs, NY