Re: The Trade

>From: Theresa Lee <tjoyce@mit.edu>
>
>Is this an upgrade for Denver?

See, I think they did alright in today's trade, but screwed themselves up so
badly in the first one, that overall they are  behind.  Abdul-Wahad probably
gives them Everything They Always Wanted from Mercer and Less (call him
Mercer Lite).  Problem is, he's a free agent too, right?  So they may lose
him anyway.  Sounds like they may sign Chauncey as a free agent this summer.
  They've also gone out and got Chris Gatling, who isn't going to play
because McDyess is a stud, and Gatling won't like that because he's pretty
much a dick.  Frankly they seem like a team with absolutely no idea what
they are doing to me.

The interesting thing will be to see, if Pitino trades Fortson, what he gets
in return.  I'm becoming more convinced that it is going to happen, and I'm
not very happy about it.  It's not that I think he's going to be that great
on the court, but I just love the attitude and intimidation factor.  And, I
don't think Pitino will go the sign and trade route, because he doesn't want
to pick up another substantial salary.  Maybe a young backup point and a
draft pick at the trading deadline?  Of course all of this is blind
speculation and I would be shocked and shagrinned to see any of it printed
in The Globe tomorrow (are you listening Peter May?  We know you are.).

Jim