RE: Knicks Game

The Knicks game was the first that I've seen all year
also, and here are my impressions.

1.  Walker is a stud.  After hearing all the
Toine-bashing on this list I was expecting a selfish
no-defense ball-hog, but instead what I saw was a
player with an exceptional and uniquely versatile
talent who played his heart out, yes even on D.  I
think he got 1 minute of rest the entire game.  He is
clearly the leader of this team.  I would like to see
him rewarded with an All-Star selection this year.

2.  Pierce is good too.  But where is his defense?  I
know that he can be a good defender, but on defense he
just half-heartedly drifts around.  And although he is
an excellent scorer, he has turned into a black hole.
Pierce needs to learn to let the game come to him on
offense.  Defensively, will he ever regain his form?
Is it because of the stabbings or lack of effort?
With all the good media that Pierce is getting, I
think we could get good value out of Pierce, more than
he is actually worth.  He would be a great sixth man
on a good team.

3.  The Celtics defense can be horrible.  And
sometimes it works.  We saw both sides through the
course of one game.  Pitino's defense is complex, for
better or for worse.

4.  Kenny is horrible.  Get rid of him.  We should
just waive him and hope that the Sixers or some
contender with a desperate need for a point guard will
pick up his contract.

5.  Battie and Potapenko are adequate centers.  Battie
outplayed Camby at his own game; Potapenko tries
really hard.  Kudos.

6.  Randy Brown is a defensive stopper.  Sweet.
Bryant Stith is a good complementary player.

I still think the Celtics will make the playoffs this year.