RE: Shaking The Lottery Tree

At 09:55 AM 12/21/00 -0500, OzerskyJA wrote:
>Boy, if I had a dollar for every time I heard this kind of thing.
>You know what?  I don't need a 7'6" center to handle the ball
>or shoot three pointers.  I need him to block shots, rebound,
>and play the pivot without getting thrown around like a rag doll.

I think the point is that he's a 7'6" guy with actual basketball skills
rather than just some tall guy who has every pass bounce off his hands and
can't do anything on offense but dunk when he's wide open. I don't think W
was saying that 3-3-pt shooting and ballhandling are his only skills. At
least I hope not.

I'd say that a 7'6" player that isn't a total beanpole and has real
basketball skills doesn't come around often. Supposedly this guy is
actually well-proportioned (i.e. not another Shawn Bradley). There was a
profile on ESPN.com that was impressive sounding.

Alex