Bibby

Now we're talking. If Mike Bibby's available, and we don't have to give up
Walker or Pierce, we definitely have to look into it. First a reality check
though. Why would Bibby be available? I think a key factor is money. This
offseason, Bibby becomes eligible for an extension and he's surely going to
want a big one. Dickerson is in the same boat, actually, but isn't having
that great a season. Anyway, Vancouver's owner is evidently losing a lot of
money and isn't so ridiculously wealth and fanatical to shrug it off. After
an impressive start they've really come down to earth and will be drafting
high again. So if they get another lottery pick or two, they'll probably be
able to fill holes at the center spot and point guard spot, while keeping
their costs down.

Of course, what do we do with Kenny? We already know he's not going to
accept a trade to Canada. Not too huge a deal because we can probably trade
him for some equally overpaid backup big man or something. Can't let his
presence stop you from upgrading.

And how many picks would we be talking about? I'd guess that our own pick
and Denver's pick next year would be required to make this happen. If the
draft happened right now Denver would be picking 11th. We'd be picking 7th
or 8th with a slight shot at top 3. But they'd know that trading Bibby to
us would help us and reduce the value of the pick we'd send them. But I
think he'd be a good pickup because he's young and we'll be able to sign
him long-term. We won't be blowing our picks for some old guy to help us
for the next two years.

Alex