Re: A quote for Mark Berry

Living in the clouds?

Because I don't want to trade a lottery pick for Jerome Williams? That's
what I'm afraid of when he talks about a trade that will "make us win
quicker." Look, you're right. I want major changes. But those changes
probably won't help the team right now. I'd rather be trading guys for draft
picks or emerging talent, and clearing cap space (not just for free
agents--cap space gives you great flexibility in making deals).

I've been advocating full-scale rebuilding, and that process doesn't "make
us win quicker." Now, if something dropped in Pitino's lap--say Garnett
became available--then, certainly you sacrifice whatever draft picks you
need to sacrifice. But not for Jerome Williams. And I don't package those
picks with Walker for Dikembe Mutombo. We traded for Kenny Anderson because
he would "make us win quicker." We traded for Vitaly Potapenko because he
would "make us win quicker." So, yes, I want change. But based on Pitino's
history when he wants to "make us win quicker," I have a little concern. Am
I making my position clear?

Do you have an opinion, Jim, or did you just want to question mine?