Re: [Celtic_Pride] Father BSG Administers Last Rights

Last rights, are like prayers before a dirt nap.

Dan

At 09:20 AM 12/15/00 EST, you wrote:

--- You wrote:
BSG beat me to the punch regarding trading Bryant Stith. They should
definitely move him out before the trading deadline. Pot and Stith
for....
--- end of quote ---

Sure, let's ship off our only proven veteran two-way player, along with our two stars for Jamal Crawford....Way (of the Ray) to go, folks.... Let's become Chicago East, which Way, Mark, and some others seem to advocate.

Oh, wait a minute, didn't we get spanked by Chicago the other night? So, maybe it's not so bad to be Chicago...BTW, that loss didn't bother me too much, because it probably indicates one of two things:
1) our main guys had a bad night, which happens;
2) our main guys don't really care if they lose games like this because of the Pitino situation described by BSG. And that's fine, because it will probably hasten the end of the Pitino era, which can't come soon enough for me.

In any case, before blowing up the team, why not change one thing at a time like a careful experimenter, and see how our current core of players does with a new coach, eh? If there's no improvement, then sure, ship them out. But I do believe that Walker and Pierce are only going to get better, including on defense, and the right coach and some maturation (agree with Cecil on that) will make them perennial All-Stars. Stith is the kind of player we should hold on to, not dump with bad salaries. (And Pot, despite being talentless, is not really a 'bad' contract. Like (I think) Alex has pointed out, that's the kind of center $5M/yr gets you in the NBA these days - most centers making that kind of money are pretty much stiffs, except for those on the rookie scale.)

Kestas
PS and what the hell are last 'rights' anyway?

<<<<