LA Times Heisler Says He'll Miss Pitino

Mark Heisler
LA Times - 12/03/00

I'm really going to miss this guy when he's gone: Boston's Rick Pitino
says the Washington Wizard commercials, in which Michael Jordan
guarantees they'll make the playoffs, are funny. "They can't do anything
right now," Pitino said. "He may be able to do something in three
years--two or three years. And that's what I tried to tell Leonard
[Hamilton, the new coach]. He said, 'We got Michael.' And I said,
'Michael--unless he suits up--cannot help you.' " . . . Pitino must have
forgotten he guaranteed the playoffs this season too and has messed up
the Celtics' salary cap so it's as bad as Washington's. . . .