Re: Bucks game

----- Original Message ----- From: Hironaka <j.hironaka@unesco.org>

> I don't think I could have standed all the ups-and-downs had we waited on
> Chauncey to develop,
> but boy is he a likeable player. He's clutch, he plays D, he's articulate,
and
> he has the size and skills. It's nice to see his outside shot is working
for
> him. He was a way too streaky outside shooter for my tastes.
>
> I remember in that first Pitino season always checking Chauncey's boxscore
> stats before anyone elses. I wanted that draft pick to succeed so badly,
yet I
> could see the numbers just not adding up. The "backcourt of the future"
that
> never was to be. I feel the same way about Herren now. Every game I look
at
> that damn boxscore and think "c'mon you can do it!". His shot (15-55) has
> start falling soon, or he'll play himself out of this league once Kenny
comes
> back. Pitino's got too much at stake to keep him on for sentimental value
(look
> how sentimental he was with Chauncey).

Hi Joe.  There was always something about Billups' shot that I liked.  It
just looked pure and, well, "smooth", even when it wasn't falling.  Herren's
shot looks nowhere near as sweet, even before he hurt his shoulder, but I
would guard against reading anything into his shooting numbers until he's
healed.  He's having to pass up completely wide open jump shots right now
because of his injury.

Jim