Excerpt from a A. Jamison article

"The Warriors' public relations staff boasts that Jamison's 10-point scoring
increase from his first year in the league to his second was the largest of
any NBA player. Jamison doesn't care. Want to know why he's been spending
long days this summer at the team's practice facility? Because he's ashamed
of what he did last summer.

"I only did a half-job last year and then when I got the opportunity to play
I saw what could have happened if I had done a better job as far as keeping
my body in shape. If I would have done a better job, maybe I wouldn't have
had the injury. Maybe my ankle wouldn't have tweaked or I wouldn't have run
out of gas in the fourth quarter. A lot of things have opened my eyes."

And he averaged 19.6 points and 8.3 rebounds per game last season.

This was the kind of article I was hoping to read about Walker and Battie in
particular.  Admit their personal, basketball related, errors and spend the
off season working so as not to repeat them again this year.

Instead we get a player whining that "his team" discussed him in a trade(s)
so he stopped following the training schedule he was given to make HIM a
better basketball player.

<Jim