Re: Closing Window of Opportunity

Cecil stated:

>Hey folks,

>I know all of Celtic Nation is depressed over the "Captain's Comments."  And
>I agree that his remarks were ill-advised to say the least.  But I don't
>think all is lost because Toine's head is not yet where we want it.  There
>are other players who have something to say about the success or failure of
>the C's also.

Only, Only if Pitino bench's him and takes away the Captain honor.  If you
keep Walker as Captain what message are you sending to everyone else?

>Employee #8 has got to be smarting over SAR's inclusion to the Olympic
>roster.  I would want to think that RP would be able to use that as one
>specific motivational tool to inspire him to come to camp in shape and
>determined to atone for past indiscretions.  As a captain, one of his
>responsibilities is to lead by example.  Coming in flabby and being
>unwilling to pay the price physically is the worst possible example to set.

It's not about Pitino anymore and how/if he can motivate Walker.  It is all
about Walker CHOOSING not to be in shape.  He doesn't deserve to be even
mentioned for the Olympics.

>Now y'all know I have supported this team to the point of ridicule and I
>will continue to do so.  I do want to point out the fact that Toine said he
>did not want to leave Boston.  The gooves baited him into the whole trade
>scenario in the same vein as when Mo Vaughn mentioned that he wouldn't mind
>playing in Toronto a few years ago.  Of course, the phrase "if you were to
>leave Boston" was omitted giving the appearance that Mo indicated he would
>like to leave to play in TO.  Toine, to his credit, said he preferred to
>stay here and finish what was started.  He also said that defense was the
>problem moreso than the offense.  I agree with him on that point.  And I
>hope that Moiso and Blount will be able to lend a hand to step it up a
>little as well as a healthy AG.

I appreciate your support of the team.  But really, why would Walker want to
leave?  He is grossly overpaid, not held responsable for his unprofessional
behaviour on the court, is made Captain of a team that has more players then
any other in the Hall of Fame, without having to put in the work to earn it.
Has a coach who won't exercise control over him and is "allowed" to try and
get in shape during the season while the team loses because he can't get off
the ground because of his lack of effort.  Not even to mention his total
lack of effort to team defense.  Come on, only a winner would want to leave
that situation.

I now understand Fortson's anger with the team.  With Walker and Battie
doing nothing but making bigger paychecks then him and yet starting in front
of him.  What a message it sends to the others.  The fact he wouldn't come
back to the Celtics, regardless of money, makes me think we traded the wrong
person.

Even Chicago doesn't want him, what does say about him?

>I certainly understand how people are frustrated and pissed off right now.

I wouldn't applaud Walker right now if he came over and cut my lawn every
week.  The NBA needs a contract like the NFL so you can cut losers.

I would trade him for picks and CBA players who were willing to hustle.

>Cecil

<Jim