Ewing Trade

Sorry Troy, I just don't see this as a good trade for the Knicks.  They
traded away their two centers on their roster for two fat, under-achieving,
over-paid malcontents.  And I spent the first 22 years of my life in the
NY/NJ area and I never liked Ewing -- the Knicks should have traded him long
ago -- but doing nothing and keeping Ewing was better than this deal.  Baker
can't play C, and PF is manned by Camby and Thomas, and Rice is a SF only,
and I'd much rather have Spree or Houston at that position.  Without another
move (such as Houston or Spree for a legit center) this deal does the Knicks
no good.

The only team that benefitted, I believe, from this deal is the Lakers
(ugh!!).  Seattle gets washed up Ewing, NY lets Rice and Baker, Detroit gets
cap junk (saving for Webber), but the Lakers address some big weaknesses.
Laettner may be soft, but he's better than Ancient Green and Robert Horry,
and Chris Dudley will provide his 8 min a night behind Shaq.  Lakers win
this hands down -- Knicks at a distant #2.

After re-reading my previous post, I realize I probably came across pretty
harsh.  I'm sorry if I sounded like I was jumping on you Troy, that was not
my intent.  I just happend to disagree about this trade. It actually, I
believe, has the potential of being pretty disasterous.  Not that that would
be a bad thing................

Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633